Friday, August 5, 2011

Scott Ryan is a legend!

While I was finalising my inventory list for the trip I realised that there were a couple of items I needed to get before I depart on 20 August (small sport video camera, all sorts of food supplements and spare parts such as tyres, chain, inner tubes, chain cleaning solution, etc.). None of these items are freely available in Nigeria and if they are I was not entirely sure where I would have been able to source all of these on such short notice and at a market related price. Consequently, I had to rely on finding someone who would be travelling to Nigeria before I depart and who would be willing to buy all the things that I need and to bring it to Lagos for me.

Fortunately one of my dear friends, Scott Ryan, is currently on vacation with his family in Europe. Two nights ago when I asked him to help me out he did not even blink an eyelid before he agreed to assist. Not only does he have to sacrifice a greater than usual amount of weight in his luggage when he returns to Lagos next week, he also had to sacrifice a full day of his personal family vacation and put up the initial cash (which should be well over a USD1,000 if not more) to pay for everything on my behalf (all to be reimbursed off course). (I wonder how he is going to carry the spare tyres on the plane - lol!)

This is truly amazing and I tip my hat to you! Thank you very much for your selfless support!

No comments:

Post a Comment